Reduce image size without losing quality! This free online tool allows you to compress images in many formats to reduce file size. Unlimited usage, no download required.
Drop your image files here
Select a value from 0 to 100 setting the image compression level
How to compress photos online?
Add all files you want to compress either by drag and drop section or choose file by click on input area.
Input the optimal quality
If you want to change image format, use the Format selector.
Click on Compress button to compress and download the compressed file.
You can click on reset button if you want to create new file.
What is compressing of images?
Image compression involves reducing the file size of an image without degrading the quality of the image below an acceptable level. This is achieved by removing unnecessary or less important information.
You can compress an image using the `quality` input. The `quality` option accepts a value between 0 (lowest quality, highest compression) and 100 (highest quality, lowest compression).
Image compression is useful for reducing the disk space required to store images or the bandwidth needed to transmit them over a network. However, it's important to note that compressing an image can result in loss of image quality, especially at lower quality levels.
What are uses of compressing images?
Image compression has several uses:
1. Reducing File Size: The primary use of image compression is to reduce the file size of an image. This can be useful for saving disk space, or for reducing the amount of data that needs to be transferred when an image is sent over a network.
2. Improving Load Times: Compressed images load faster than uncompressed images. This can be particularly important for websites, where load times can have a significant impact on user experience and SEO.
3. Batch Processing: If you have a large number of images that you want to compress in the same way, you can use our tool to automate the process.
4. Image Optimization: By adjusting the level of compression, you can balance the need for quality against the need for small file size. This can be useful for optimizing images for specific uses, such as web display or print.
5. Bandwidth Reduction: Compressing images can significantly reduce the bandwidth required to transmit them. This can be particularly important for mobile users or users with slow internet connections.